A long term investment you can have is the purchase of a refrigerator. It is essential for you to purchase a fridge which will provide your family needs for the following 5-7 years.
- Firstly, you have to know the limitations of the installation of your next refrigerator if there would be any. Measure carefully the dimensions of the area where you’ll place the unit. Also, allot enough space in order to open the doors of the refrigerator you’re going to buy. It is of great importance to have accurate measurements when changing your old fridge. You need to be perfectly certain that the new fridge will fir correctly on your counters or underneath your cabinets.
When shopping for your appliance, you have to take all-out measurements. Also, remember to leave extra inches for the spaces of the hinges, as well as for any necessary leveling. You may also look for any possible place in your kitchen where you can insert your new fridge in the room. You should also check if you have the necessary electrical outlets, as well as water lines if you are purchasing a fridge containing a water and ice dispenser.
- Secondly, determine the type of refrigerator that will fit on your space and study the measurements of the fridge. The method of installation will vary depending on the type of the fridge. A counter depth model is broader than a freestanding refrigerator having a similar square footage. This model can also give your kitchen a distinct and stylish look for only a lesser amount of money.
- The usual types of fridge available include full size and freestanding, built-in on the wall, counter depth, compact or under the counter and professional and built-in.
- The style that you will select will depend on your own preference; however, always consider the limit of your room’s space. For instance, you may purchase a refrigerator model without any freezer. This is an option if you already have a freezer nearby; thus, if the freezer is way too far such as in the basement, then this is not a good choice. A top mount style contains an upper freezer which can probably have a detached door. A bottom freezer refrigerator contains a drawer at the bottom for storing frozen food. A side by side refrigerator has the freezer at the left side while the fridge is at the right side. These days, French door models are being well-known; they have two fridge compartments at the top and a freezer below.
- You also have to know your device’s capacity. Purchasing a too large unit may lead to a half empty space inside, more room consumed and a boost on your electric bills. You might require a bigger appliance if you own a garden and store a large amount of veggies.
- Lastly, consider the color of the fridge. Black, white, stainless are the usual finishes. Choose a color that will suit your kitchen. You may opt to purchase something that has the similar color with your other appliances. If you happen to have kids, choose a color which would hide fingerprints and stains; also, choose something which is quick to clean. For this situation, you may choose black since it does not reveal much prints and dirt.